Friday, March 19, 2010

Little Sisters Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

My sister has been having "smell" issues since she found out she was pregnant. One fond memory that I have when I was pregnant with my daughters was that she and my mom, would every so often, make us a warm, tasty meal. No reason why than a "just a because" and "we love you" reason. It was dreamy!

So this week my mom and I are made a special meal for my sister, brother-in-law and nephews. I was incharge of the bread and the dessert. For dessert, I named our chocolate chip cookies "Little Sisters Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies". My daughters devoured these cookies, they when we tried them for the first time a few months ago.
Enjoy and happy baking!
Little Sisters Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup butter
1 cup white sugar (you can substitute your sweeter that you prefer)
1 cup light brown sugar (you can substitute your sweeter that you prefer)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups sifted whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Generously grease cookie sheets.

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, the sugars until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and eggs. Combine the two differen flours together, baking soda and salt, gradually blend into the creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. If you are interested in making these into bar cookies, press the dough into a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment