Pimiento Cheese Spread
- 1 lb. grated, mild or sharp cheddar cheese (we recommend to hand grate the cheddar cheese because pregrated cheese does not absorb the flavors of the ingredients as well, and the texture is a little different).
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 T. chopped pimientos (drained)
- 2 T. grated/finely chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Our family tends not to like spreads with a lot of mayo, it makes it a little soggy. So based upon your tastes you might want to add more mayo or even mustard.
There are several different ways that you can serve the cheese spread, below are some of our favorite ways. If you try this recipe, and combine it with something different, we would love to know because we will try it too!
- Dip the cheese spread with crackers.
- Place the cheese spread on cucumber slices.
- Dip carrots and celery into the cheese spread (a veggie plate).
- Make grilled cheese sandwiches and spread the pimiento cheese on your bread (in place of sliced cheese), along with several slices of tomatoes on top of the cheese spread, then place your bread and griddle on your stove top.
- Dip pretzels in cheese spread.
- Dip pretzels with tortilla chips.